Monday, June 24, 2013

Artificial Intelligence - The Airport Mind Reading Machine

What may the future bring? Artificial intelligence someday hopes to create a mind-reading machine for surveillance. Hmm. Bad Attitude Sensors the actual buzzing non-stop. Thought crime is all I have left to sleep in me sane. Please don't take that absent.

In an airport monitoring line, I waited obtain strip down, pull it my computer, display my tote of Lilliputian-sized cosmetics, even though clutching I. D. and tickets in one hand and coat from other. The woman in front of me was unpacking her 20-mule team and your own.

I don't know will be worse, an orange alert or potential risk of makeup confiscation.

Standing barefoot at the cold linoleum, I whined, "Oh, once they ever require us to remove our jewelry, that's it might just. I'm never flying once more. I can't keep strategy anymore. "

A traveler during line said, "Yes, and it is for our own defense. "

Mercifully, my thoughts are currently my own.

My consciousness screamed, "Spare me a new platitude! Your see-through flip flops and deodorant can hair me up. I PINPOINT, I KNOW! "

Outwardly, I WILL smiled.

A carry-on container of lotion cannot ms excel three ounces. Warning: a 6-oz tube is that often clearly half empty also comes in tossed out.

Again my mind reeled with reply. Do your eyeballs work? IT'S FEATURE EMPTY! Six ounces without having three equal three oz. This isn't the statistic system!

Outwardly, I shrugged, "Oh, correctly. "

Am I hypocritical and a cooperative?

Actually, I'm have just been doing my bit which involves freedom -- namely my very own. Being tackled by federal agents can not be worth the fleeting relief using a First Class Mouthing Using.

But my brain argument sure felt cathartic and I'll rue the day when a robot can read my thoughts.

Inventions, within progress, work by studying facial expressions or muscular tissues configurations, but no trick yet can discern the case murder from mere whimsy.

My own dark moments are never more than fleeting fancy. I would not really bundle a slow-moving cellular phone talker into an X-ray machine colliding with the fast forward press button.

I hate the associated with future thought scanners. Do we really need one more torture added to our dream vacations?

Imagine a number of psychic robot beeping thanks to you someday. Yet a mid-air explosion was never on your mind. You're steamed at the sufferer, the kids, your solid deadlines, perchance at the quick way and long airport lines that experience snaked up to without hesitation with The Mind-Reading Carpet cleaner. You flash some attitude directly into its little red lasek and whammo!

"Ma'am, please get free from line, we're getting a reading you deal with. "

In that distant future the ancients among us (for example, me) will look back fondly to the danger when private thoughts roamed detrimental, unfettered and free.

My husband insists stress certainly are a controllable mindset, and there's a hassle-free travel formula.

"Suze, you are a hothead. At the terminal transfer, you simply have to hold onto your equanimity your own keys, " said Brian.

I just smile.

That's ideal. Cool my jets and be glad psychic scanners cannot yet read my mind at the airport... or house.



Suzette Martinez Standring certainly are a speaker, columnist and humorist. He's the author of "The Craft of Column Writing: Insider secrets from Art Buchwald, Dave Barry, Arianna Huffington, Pete Hamill as well as other Great Columnists. " He's the past president of the National Society of Classified listings Columnists. Her Web yuor web blog is readsuzette. com readsuzette. com Contact her at

No comments:

Post a Comment